Is it possible for you to install a new 2005-2012 Mercedes Benz GL Class X164 radio into your car on your own? When it comets to the installation of something, you may think it is a job of a professional who masters the installation knowledge and has great experience on it. However, it’s not the case of the installation of a new car radio. If you have installed a car radio before, you will know that you don’t have to be a professional to install it. Therefore, the answer is yes, with some related experience on the car stereo, you can finish the installation with the correct guide by yourself at home. The following is the detailed guide on how to install a new 2005-2012 Mercedes Benz GL Class X164 radio for your reference.
Tips about the installation:
- Please disconnect the power before the installation.
- Please prepare a lever and a screwdriver before the removal and the installation.
- Please keep all the separate parts from the car. Please take great care of the dashboard to avoid scratching it during its detachment and installation. Please keep handy any parts from the car and make use of all the original screws from the car as much as possible. so each related part of the unit can be fixed securely.
The below is the step-by-step instruction on how to install a 2005-2012 Mercedes Benz GL Class X164 radio:
- Pry out the air conditioner panel along gap with a lever.
- Remove the air conditioner panel.
- Remove two screws holding the stereo in the dashboard frame with a screwdriver.
- Pull the buckles down.
- Carefully take the original CD player out of the dashboard.
- Disconnect the ISO plug of the car in the socket of the DVD player.
- Connect the cables of the new Seicane car stereo as the user manual shows.
- Connect the ISO plug.
- Put the new Seicane car stereo back into the dash.
- Put the buckles back into its original place.
- Install two screws and the air conditioner panel.
- Turn on the new Seicane radio and have a comprehensive test if everything works well.
Please don’t pull out the GPS SD card with the power on in case of data corruption.
Installation tips for the GPS antenna.
Please don’t shorten or lengthen the GPS antenna to avoid a short circuit or antenna problems. Please place the antenna on the dashboard or on the roof of the car in a horizontal position as best as possible. If there if any film on the windows and heat insulation in the car, it may have a direct effect on the GPS antenna, like positioning precision and signal intensity.
To make the installation with success, the most important thing is that you need to make sure you have a right radio to work well with your car. Here I’d like to share a great 2005-2012 Mercedes Benz GL Class X164 radio from Seicane for you as a reference:
Upgraded to Android 4.4.4 operation system and the RK3188 1.6 GHz Cortex A9 Quad-core CPU, this radio is the latest and most powerful car stereo for 2005-2012 Mercedes Benz GL Class X164 at present. Its worldwide real-time GPS navigation can provide the most accurate direction for you to find your way to your destination. With the Bluetooth technology built in, hands-free calls and music streaming are both available. Besides, it can also function as an amazing DVD player to play any DVD, CD, VCD, etc. to keep entertained all the way.
What is worth mentioning is that it can support a fiber optic decoder. If your car is from 2005 to 2011 and comes with optic fiber Bose, then a decoder can be installed into your car to support your original car’s optic fiber Bose system, and the sound is of high quality. With easy installation, the decoder is just plug and play. On the other hand, if your car comes without optic fiber Bose system, then this unit is very easy to install and is plug and play.
Why not install this Seicane 2005-2012 Mercedes Benz GL Class X164 radio into your car and enjoy a fantastic driving experience from now on?