If you are a car owner of Porsche Cayenne in the year model from 2003 to 2011 and want to upgrade your factory radio with a modern multifunctional 2003-2011 Porsche Cayenne car stereo, however, with the concern of the installation, you haven’t taken any action so far. In this case, then the following instruction will be great help to you. The installation is actually quite simple and generally take about half an hour.
However, if you don’t have any installation experience at all, it’s also suggested that you can ask a professional technician for help, which will ensure the quality of the installation. If you plan to install it on your own, you can take the below guide as a reference.
Precautions before the removal and the installation:
1) Please park your car well and disconnect the negative cable of the battery for your safety.
2) Please prepare a lever and a screwdriver before the removal and the installation.
The step-by-step instruction on how to remove and install a 2003-2011 Porsche Cayenne car stereo is as follows.
- Pry out the trim piece along the perimeter of the center dashboard with a lever.
- Remove 2 screws holding the stereo in the dashboard frame (green arrows). Please note that there will be four screws in the cars with navigation.
- Carefully take the factory stereo out of the dash. When removing the factory radio, please note that there are two locking tabs on the lower tray that can break easily.
- Here is a close-up of the underside of the stereo. These two plastic fingers (green arrows) fit into the tabs on the top edge of the lower tray.
- Press the tab (green arrow) on the antenna lead and pull it out of the stereo.
- Pull out the connectors at the back of the stereo (green arrows). Note that some cars may have different setups based on the vehicle’s different years.
- Connect the cables of the new Seicane car stereo according to the guidance of the user manual.
- Connect the connectors and the antenna at the back of the new radio.
- Put the new Seicane car stereo back into the dash.
- Install two screws and trim piece.
- Turn on the new radio and have a comprehensive test.
In the whole process of the removal and the installation, if you have any question, it’s advised that you turn to your dealer for help. What is essential most is that you need to have a right 2003-2011 Porsche Cayenne car stereo which can work well with your car perfectly. If you haven’t had one yet, you can take the following unit from Seicane as a reference, which can be installed your 2003-2011 Porsche Cayenne without any gap.
This 2003-2011 Porsche Cayenne car stereo comes with a powerful worldwide real-time GPS navigation system for you find your way to a variety of locations with the help of the turn-by-turn direction and voice prompts. With the Bluetooth technology built in, you can also easily make and receive hands-free calls and stream music to have a safe and pleasant journey when you wirelessly connect with your enabled mobile phone with this unit. It can also function as an amazing DVD player to play DVDs, CDs, VCD, FM/AM radio to add more fun on a long trip.
The greatest advantage of this unit is that it can support the optic fiber decoder. If your car comes with optic fiber Bose and the car year is from 2005 to 2011, then a decoder can be installed into your car to support your original car’s optic fiber Bose system, and the sound is in high quality. The installation of the decoder is very easy and is just plug and play. On the other hand, if your car comes without optic fiber Bose system, then this unit is very easy to install and is plug and play.
Take this amazing 2003-2011 Porsche Cayenne car stereo on all your trips, a brand new driving experience is just in your fingertip.