Please look at the picture below, it’s a 2008-2013 VW Volkswagen Golf 6(MK6) head unit from Seicane after installation. If you own a 2008-2013 VW Volkswagen Golf 6(MK6) and have the same dashboard, then it can fit your car. To enjoy more modern features, it’s wise of you to replace your factory radio with an aftermarket head unit. This passage is a step-by-step installation guide specially for the 2008-2013 VW Volkswagen Golf 6(MK6) head unit, you can read it carefully, which may help you install your new head unit in your car by yourself.
Before and during installation, you should notice:
1.Before connecting, please make sure the ignition is off to avoid short circuit.
2.Ensure connect the yellow and red power cable at last.
3.Ensure that all loose wires are isolated with electrical tape
4.Ensure don’t tangle the wire when tighten the moving parts(Such as seat rails).
5.Ensure that all ground is connected to the same place.
6.Using the improper fuse may cause damage of fire, so when replace the fuse, please consult the professional.
7.For your convenience, here’s the recommended tools for removal and installation from Seicane, please check for more details: http://www.seicane.com/car-dvd-dismantling-device-srd-400
2008-2013 VW Volkswagen Golf 6(MK6) head unit installation guide
1. Remove the top panel with a lever.
2. Disconnect the connector at the back of the panel.
3.Unscrew the screw with a screwdriver.
4. Remove the metal sheet on the top with your hands.
5. Unscrew two screws circled in red shown as follows under the metal sheet.
6. Remove the air conditioner vent with your hands.
7. Unscrew two screws under the vent with a screwdriver.
8. Remove the panel on the original car radio.
9. Unscrew four screws holding the original car radio with a screwdriver.
10. Take the original car radio out of the dash.
11. Disconnect all the connectors at the back of the original car radio.
12. Check all the accessories for the new Seicane head unit.
13. Connect the harnesses to the back of the new Seicane head unit.
14. Connect the Seicane head unit to your original car radio ‘s plugs.
15. Turn on the new Seicane head unit to have a careful check if everything works well. If it doesn’t, please check whether all the cables are connected correctly.
16.Put the new Seicane head unit into the dash.
17. Put everything into their original place.
If you find your dashboard is different from that in the guide, please don’t worry, the installation is similar on the whole, and it won’t have much influence, so you still can take it as a reference. If you have any question, you can consult your dealer. But if you still don’t have a suitable unit for your car, I’d like to share an amazing 2008-2013 VW Volkswagen Golf 6(MK6) head unit from Seicane with you. Here’s the link, please click:
This modern 2008-2013 VW Volkswagen Golf 6(MK6) head unit comes with a built-in GPS and advanced features for you to get to the destinations easily and have hands free calls during the driving. What’s more, you can enjoy hands-free calling convenience and music streaming pleasure via the Bluetooth connection all the way. Wish you like it and have a wonderful time with it!