To replace your factory radio, you just need to find a suitable car stereo which is specific for your car. If you have some related installation experience, you can also achieve the installation on your own. Here I’d like to introduce the professional installation steps from Seicane specially for a 2004-2011 Mercedes Benz CLS Class W219 car radio to you. If you also have the same dashboard as the picture below, you can take it as a reference.
Some tips before the installation:
1.Please disconnect the power before the installation.
2.Please prepare a lever and a screwdriver before the removal and the installation.
3.Please keep all the separate parts from the car. Please take great care of the dashboard to avoid scratching it during its detachment and installation. Please keep handy any parts from the car and make use of all the original screws from the car as much as possible. so each related part of the unit can be fixed securely.
4.For your convenience, here’s the recommended tools for removal and installation from Seicane, please check for more details: http://www.seicane.com/car-dvd-dismantling-device-srd-400
2004-2011 Mercedes Benz CLS Class W219 car radio installation guide
1. The original car radio.
2. Use a lever to release the decoration panel and remove the cigarette lighter.
3. Remove two screws under the 6-disc CD changer and take out the CD changer.
4. Remove the two screws marked with red arrows and pull out the CD player.
5. Check all the accessories for the new Seicane car radio.
6. Connect the cables in the package.
a. Connect with the power cable in the car.
b. Socket for the speaker cable plug in the car.
c. Connect CAN-H, CAN-L with CAN-BUS
d. Connect CAN-TX.
7. Remove the baffle-plate under the assistant driver seat, connect the CAN-H, CAN-L cable (green)③ with the CAN-BUS socket marked in the picture.
8. Pry the decoration panel beside the driver’s seat, change fuse from 5A TO 10A.
9. Remove the screws for fastening the car pc in the left of the trunk.
10. Find the amplifier in the left of the trunk and remove the four screws marked with red arrows.
11. Remove the amplifier in the car.
12. Connect the speaker cable with the speaker socket ②.
13. Turn on the new Seicane radio to have a careful check if everything works well. If it doesn’t, please check whether all the cables are connected correctly.
14. Put the new Seicane radio into the dash.
15. Put everything into their original place. All the installation is done.
The step-by-step 2004-2011 Mercedes Benz CLS Class W219 car radio installation guide is shown as the above, wish you can get some help from it. If there is any question, you can consult your dealer. However, if you can’t finish it on your own, you’d better ask a professional for help. If you are still looking for an ideal car stereo for your car, you can refer to this amazing 2004-2011 Mercedes Benz CLS Class W219 car radio from Seicane. Please click for more details:
This amazing 2004-2011 Mercedes Benz CLS Class W219 car radio features more than just providing turn-by-turn directions, its Bluetooth technology allows you to stream music from your Bluetooth-enabled device as well as to make hands-free calls. Upgrading your interior with this new remarkable unit will definitely make you have different experience during your driving later on. Good luck to you!