Under the guidance of a detailed installation guide, can you finish the installation of a new head unit on your own? Some of you may say yes if you have similar installation experience before. As a matter of fact, it’s quite easy to install a new aftermarket unit. Here comes a professional installation guide from Seicane which is specific for the installation of a 2009-2013 Toyota Prius car radio. If you also have the same dashboard as the picture below, you can read it carefully as a reference.
Precautions for this installation:
1.Before you start up any work, park your car well and unplug the negative power cable to avoid any danger.
2.Please make sure that all fastened wires are isolated with electrical tape.
3.Please make sure the ignition is off to avoid short circuit.
4. For your convenience, here’s the recommended tools for removal and installation from Seicane, please check for more details: http://www.seicane.com/car-dvd-dismantling-device-srd-400
2009-2013 Toyota Prius car radio installation guide
1. Remove the shift panel right of the steering wheel. The panel simply pulls free of the dash with medium force from a trim pry tool.
2. Remove the dash panel below the stereo. Grab the panel by the right edge and pull with significant force to detach the plastic pin that holds the panel in place. Grab the bottom edge of the panel and pull it from the dash.
3. Remove the vent panel to the right of the stereo as you did the left panel. It is only connected with clips that can be pulled free with moderate force.
4. Disconnect the wiring.
5. Remove the stereo by removing the four screws near the corners of the stereo mounting bracket with a Phillips-head screwdriver.
6. Pull the radio toward you slowly.
7. Pull the stereo from its dock and pull the wire groups from the back of the stereo. Grab the groups by the white plastic wire binders, not the wires themselves.
8. Check all the accessories for the new Seicane car radio.
9. Connect the harnesses to the back of the new Seicane car radio.
10. Connect the Seicane car radio to your original car radio ‘s plugs.
11. Turn on the new Seicane radio to have a careful check if everything works well. If it doesn’t, please check whether all the cables are connected correctly.
12. Put the new Seicane radio into the dash.
13. Put everything into their original place.
That’s all the installation guide for a 2009-2013 Toyota Prius car radio. Wish it can be helpful for you. If you find there is little difference between your dashboard from that shown in the guide, please rest assured, the installation is similar on the whole, you can still refer to this guide to help with the installation.
By the way, do you find an ideal car radio for your car? If not, I’d like to recommend an ideal Toyota Prius car radio from Seicane to you. For more details, you are welcome to check it out with the following link:
This multifunctional Toyota Prius car radio comes with multiple functions including DVD, GPS Nav, Bluetooth, TV, FM/AM, iPod, RDS, USB and SD etc. With built-in 3D GPS, the precise location directions can be displayed on the 8 inch multi-touch screen to your desired destination, so you will not get lost in a strange place. You are enabled to stream from music and make and receive calls without taking your hands off the steering wheel control when your bluetooth-enabled mobile phone is connected with the bluetooth of this stereo. Why not take it right now and have a wonderful time with it? Good luck to you!