If your factory radio is too outdated to be compatible with many modern features, you can consider replacing your factory radio with a new aftermarket car radio which comes with a wide range of practical and entertainment features to enrich your in-car life.
This article is mainly about a step-by-step installation guide for a 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 Toyota Prius(RHD) car radio. If you have the same or similar dashboard, you can read this article carefully.
Before and during installation, you should notice:
1.Before connecting, please make sure the ignition is off to avoid short circuit.
2.Ensure connect the yellow and red power cable at last.
3.Ensure that all loose wires are isolated with electrical tape
4.Ensure don’t tangle the wire when tighten the moving parts(Such as seat rails).
5.Ensure that all ground is connected to the same place.
6.Using the improper fuse may cause damage of fire, so when replace the fuse, please consult the professional.
7. For your convenience, here’s the recommended tools for removal and installation from Seicane, please check for more details: http://www.seicane.com/car-dvd-dismantling-devicesrd-400
2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 Toyota Prius(RHD) car radio installation guide
1. Remove the shift panel right of the steering wheel. The panel simply pulls free of the dash with medium force from a trim pry tool.
2. Remove the dash panel below the radio.Grab the panel by the right edge and pull with significant force to detach the plastic pin that holds the panel in place. Grab the bottom edge of the panel and pull it from the dash.
3. Remove the vent panel to the right of the radio as you did the left panel. It is only connected with clips that can be pulled free with moderate force.
4. Disconnect the wiring.
5. Remove the radio by removing the four screws near the corners of the radio mounting bracket with a Phillips-head screwdriver.
6. Pull the radio toward you slowly.
7. Pull the radio from its dock and pull the wire groups from the back of the radio. Grab the groups by the white plastic wire binders, not the wires themselves.
8. Check all the accessories for the new Seicane car radio.
9. Connect the harnesses to the back of the new Seicane car radio.
10. Connect the Seicane car radio to your original car radio’s plugs.
11. Turn on the new Seicane radio to have a careful check if everything works well. If it doesn’t, please check whether all the cables are connected correctly.
12. Put the new Seicane radio into the dash.
13. Put everything into their original place.
Wish the above installation guide can do you some help for your car radio installation. If you have any doubts, you can seek help from your dealer, someone experienced or a professional. Or you can directly go to a car radio upgrade center. Anyway, it is essential for you to select an ideal car radio for your beloved car. If you have no ideas, you can check out the following link which is an amazing 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 Toyota Prius(RHD) car radio from Seicane.
This car radio is upgraded to the most advanced Android 7.1.2 operation system and a high-quality quad-core CPU processor, so you can enjoy the much smoother, easier and faster operation experience.
Under the wireless Bluetooth technology, you can pair your Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone with this car radio so as to get access to Bluetooth hands-free calls and Bluetooth streaming music. Therefore you can gain numerous convenience and enjoyment. Besides, with the help of the high-end 3D GPS navigation system, you are able to reach anywhere you would like to go to through turn-by-turn directions and voice prompts.
Wish you like this unit and good luck to you!