The Toyota Sienna is a family minivan first produced by Toyota in 1998 and renowned for high reliability; it is still in production as of now. The Toyota Sienna can develop chronic radio problems, however, we can remove it and install a new aftermarket Toyota Sienna Radio to aviod these problems.Look at this image below, if your car have the same dashboard with it. There are some instructions of how to install a new radio.
2009-2013 Toyota Sienna radio removal
(1)Open the instrument box. See where the hands are. Just pull that brown panel out in the middle first.
(2) Now carefully pull it on both sides.
(3) When it is in your hands disconnect the harness.
(4) See where the hands are. Pull the panel around the gear switcher.
(5) To take it out you will need to remove the gear switcher handle.
(6) Twist it counter-clockwise. Use power of your hands to start the move.
(7) See where the hands are. Pull it to remove the A/C controls panel.
(8) we will need a wrench to remove 4 bolts. Actually I used magnet tool also. That way it is easier not to drop them somewhere inside.
(9) See where the hands are. Pull the radio and air registers out.
(10) And here we go. It is in hands.
With these steps above, we can remove the Toyota Sienna Radio easily. After few minutes rest, we can install the new radio immediately.
2009-2013 Toyota Sienna radio installation
(1) Make antennas and cables connected step by step as installation instructions show,and you should be very careful when you are doing this for it will affect whole procedure.
(2) Connected the new radio to your Toyota Sienna, you should check whether your connections are correct, the new unit is in right position,and you’d better have a tidy for the cables.
(3)Firm four removed screws that are put aside,then make trim panel back on your new unit
Arrangement for wiring must be reasonable during your installation process. Usually, the space for installation is limited. You’d better reduce unnecessary wirings’ space to make the dvd gps easier to install and function.The cables and wires of car and new radio must be routed properly to avoid touching any moving parts,include steering wheel column acceleration pedal and brake pedal. All antennas must be bonded properly to against any loose during driving.
By the way, if you don’t know which unit is better. I’d like to introduce a good one to you:
This unit has Quad-core Android 4.4.4 operation system and 8 inch HD 1024*600 multi-touch screen with smooth operation, you can use high speed 3G&WiFi internet. You can download any applications in the android market for access to games, Skype, MSN, YouTube and so on. You can also use 3D navigation maps. Isn’t it awesome?
Wish you can learn something from this blog, have fun with your Toyota Sienna Radio every day.