A new driving experience can be easily gotten by upgrading the factory radio. Why? Because a new head unit which can be compatible with a lot of features can bring much convenience and enjoyment to you in your car at any time. If you are going to replace your factory radio, you can find a step-by-step installation guide to help you. This article about a 2005-2012 VW Volkswagen Passat head unit installation guide can be much helpful for you during the whole installation.
Precautions for this installation:
1.Before you start up any work, park your car well and unplug the negative power cable to avoid any danger.
2.Please make sure that all fastened wires are isolated with electrical tape.
3.Please make sure the ignition is off to avoid short circuit.
4.Please prepare a lever and a screwdriver before the removal and the installation.
5.For your convenience, here’s the recommended tools for removal and installation from Seicane, please check for more details: http://www.seicane.com/car-dvd-dismantling-device-srd-400
2005-2012 VW Volkswagen Passat head unit installation guide
1. Remove the top panel with a lever.
2. Disconnect the connector at the back of the panel.
3. Unscrew the screw with a screwdriver.
4. Remove the metal sheet on the top with your hands.
5. Unscrew two screws circled in red shown as follows under the metal sheet.
6. Remove the air conditioner vent with your hands.
7. Unscrew two screws under the vent with a screwdriver.
8. Remove the panel on the original car radio.
9. Unscrew four screws holding the original car radio with a screwdriver.
10. Take the original car radio out of the dash.
11. Disconnect all the connectors at the back of the original car radio.
12. Check all the accessories for the new Seicane head unit.
13. Connect the harnesses to the back of the new Seicane head unit.
14. Connect the Seicane head unit to your original car radio ‘s plugs.
15. Turn on the new Seicane head unit to have a careful check if everything works well. If it doesn’t, please check whether all the cables are connected correctly.
16.Put the new Seicane head unit into the dash.
17. Put everything into their original place.
Now can you install your new radio in you car under the guidance of this detailed installation guide specially for a 2005-2012 VW Volkswagen Passat head unit? If not, don’t worry, you can ask a professional for help. If there is any question, you can consult your dealer. But if you don’t have an ideal radio for your car, I’d like to recommend this advanced 2005-2012 VW Volkswagen Passat head unit from Seicane to you. Here’s the link, please check out the following link for more details:
This superior 2005-2012 VW Volkswagen Passat head unit allows you to easily find where you are and leads you to your destinations on time. Making or receiving hands-free calls for a safer driving is also available by pairing your bluetooth-enabled mobile phone with this stereo. You can enjoy your favorite music and movies on the large 8″ touch screen display, making your driving filled with joy all the way. Just take your stock radio to the next level with this amazing all-in-one VW Volkswagen Passat head unit!