To get more convenience and enjoyment in your car, you can just simply replace your factory radio with a multifunctional radio which can be compatible with a lot of features. Now you can read this passage carefully to get the reference for the installation, which can greatly help you in the process of installation. Please look at the image below, it’s a top Seicane 2002-2008 Mercedes-Benz E Class radio after installation, if you also have the same dashboard, then this guide about the installation of a Mercedes-Benz E Class radio is worth your reading.
Before and during installation, you should notice:
1.Before connecting, please make sure the ignition is off to avoid short circuit.
2.Ensure connect the yellow and red power cable at last.
3.Ensure that all loose wires are isolated with electrical tape
4.Ensure don’t tangle the wire when tighten the moving parts(Such as seat rails).
5.Ensure that all ground is connected to the same place.
6.Using the improper fuse may cause damage of fire, so when replace the fuse, please consult the professional.
2002-2008 Mercedes Benz E Class radio installation guide
- The original dashboard.
- Use a lever to release the decoration panel and remove the cigarette lighter.
- Remove two screws under the 6-disc CD changer and take out the CD changer.
- Remove the two screws marked with red arrows and pull out the CD player.
- 5.Connect the cables in the package.
- Connect with the power cable in the car.
- Socket for the speaker cable plug in the car.
- Connect CAN-H, CAN-L with CAN-BUS
- Connect CAN-TX.
- Remove the baffle-plate under the assistant driver seat, connect the CAN-H, CAN-L cable (green)③ with the CAN-BUS socket marked in the picture.
- Pry the decoration panel beside the driver’s seat, change fuse from 5A TO 10A.
- Remove the screws for fastening the car pc in the left of the trunk.
- Find the amplifier in the left of the trunk and remove the four screws marked with red arrows.
- Remove the amplifier in the car.
- Connect the speaker cable with the speaker socket ②.
- Turn on the new Seicane radio to have a careful check if everything works well.
Now can you install your new radio after reading this installation guide? If there is any question, you can consult your dealer or a professional .If you are a total green hand on this, then you’d better ask a professional to install it. Furthermore, a suitable radio plays an important role. If you don’t have one, then I’ d like to recommend a modern 2002-2008 Mercedes-Benz E Class radio from Seicane to you, please click:
This intelligent Mercedes-Benz E Class radio allows you to surf the internet via the 3g dongle or the wifi connection for online resource. The most accurate GPS navigation system makes it easier for you to find your way with the turn-by-turn direction and voice prompts. Hands-free calls and voice prompts are available for you to ensure safety and pleasure for your driving as long as you simply pair your compatible mobile phone with this amazing Mercedes-Benz E Class radio.