When you are driving to an unfamiliar place, an accurate GPS navigation system can help you quickly know your current locations and easily find the best way to reach your destinations. If your factory radio cannot GPS function, you can replace it with a multifunctional car radio with GPS navigation function. The following is a step-by-step installation instruction from Seicane for a 1998-2005 Mercedes-Benz S Class W220 S280 S320 S400 S350 S430 S500 S600 S55 S63 S65 car radio. If you also have the same or similar dashboard, you can take this instruction as a reference.
Tips about the installation:
1.Please disconnect the power before the installation.
2.Please prepare a lever and a screwdriver before the removal and the installation.
3.Please keep all the separate parts from the car. Please take great care of the dashboard to avoid scratching it during its detachment and installation. Please keep handy any parts from the car and make use of all the original screws from the car as much as possible. so each related part of the unit can be fixed securely.
4.For your convenience, here’s the recommended tools for removal and installation from Seicane, please check for more details: http://www.seicane.com/car-dvd-dismantling-device-srd-400
1998-2005 Mercedes-Benz S Class W220 S280 S320 S400 S350 S430 S500 S600 S55 S63 S65 car radio installation instruction
1. The original car radio.
2. Place the key in the ignition, set the parking brake and shift to a lower gear depressing the brake.
3. Open up the pocket down below the AC control and remove two T20 Torx screws on the two corners. Then remove the pocket.
4. Grasp the bottom of the radio trim panel while prying the edges of the panel up along the sides of the dash. Then remove the panel.
5. Remove four T20 Torx screws that are holding the radio on the dashboard.
6. Pull the car radio out from the dash.
7. Disconnect the connectors and cables at the back of the radio.
8. Check all the accessories for the new Seicane car radio.
9. Connect the harnesses to the back of the new Seicane car radio.
10. Connect the Seicane car radio to your original radio’s plugs.
11. Turn on the new Seicane car radio to have a careful check if everything works well. If it doesn’t, please check whether all the cables are connected correctly.
12. Put the new Seicane car radio into the dash.
13. Put everything into their original place. All the installation is done.
Please make clear every specific step of the above installation instruction. Whether you have doubts about your car radio or your car, you can consult your dealer, communicate with someone experienced or turn to a professional. Or you can directly arrange a professional technician to help you install new car radio.
To help you better select an ideal car radio, here I’d like to share a remarkable 1998-2005 Mercedes-Benz S Class W220 S280 S320 S400 S350 S430 S500 S600 S55 S63 S65 car radio from Seicane with you. For more details, please click:
This car radio can runs much smoother and faster to provide you with a good operation experience since it is upgraded to the advanced Android 6.0 operation system and a powerful 8 – Core 1.5 GHz RK-PX5 A53 processor.
With the assistance of the high-end 3D GPS navigation system, you can locate where you are and navigate to your desired destinations through turn-by-turn directions and voice prompts. Additionally, thanks to this unit’s dual zone function, you can freely enjoy beautiful music while navigating.
Under the wireless Bluetooth technology, without taking your hands off the steering wheel, Bluetooth hands-free calls and Bluetooth streaming music are both available for you if you pair your Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone with this unit, which can add a lot of convenience and fun to your trip.
Wish you like this unit and good luck to you!