When you are driving to an unfamiliar place, an accurate GPS navigation system can help you quickly know your current locations and easily find the best way to reach your destinations. If your factory radio cannot GPS function, you can replace it with a multifunctional car radio with GPS navigation function. The following is a step-by-step installation instruction from Seicane for a 2009 2010 2011 VW Volkswagen Passat B6 car radio. If you also have the same or similar dashboard, you can take this instruction as a reference.
Tips about the installation:
1. Please disconnect the power before the installation.
2. Please prepare a lever and a screwdriver before the removal and the installation.
3. Please keep all the separate parts from the car. Please take great care of the dashboard to avoid scratching it during its detachment and installation. Please keep handy any parts from the car and make use of all the original screws from the car as much as possible. so each related part of the unit can be fixed securely.
4. For your convenience, here’s the recommended tools for removal and installation from Seicane, please check for more details: http://www.seicane.com/car-dvd-dismantling-device-srd-400
2009 2010 2011 VW Volkswagen Passat B6 car radio installation instruction
1. Remove the top panel with a lever.
2. Disconnect the connector at the back of the panel.
3. Unscrew the screw with a screwdriver.
4. Remove the metal sheet on the top with your hands.
5. Unscrew two screws circled in red shown as follows under the metal sheet.
6. Remove the air conditioner vent with your hands.
7. Unscrew two screws under the vent with a screwdriver.
8. Remove the panel on the original car radio.
9. Unscrew four screws holding the original car radio with a screwdriver.
10. Take the original car radio out of the dash.
11. Disconnect all the connectors at the back of the original car radio.
12. Check all the accessories for the new Seicane car radio.
13. Connect the harnesses to the back of the new Seicane car radio.
14. Connect the Seicane car radio to your original car radio’s plugs.
15. Turn on the new Seicane car radio to have a careful check if everything works well. If it doesn’t, please check whether all the cables are connected correctly.
16. Put the new Seicane car radio into the dash.
17. Put everything into their original place.
Please make clear every specific step of the above installation instruction. Whether you have doubts about your car radio or your car, you can consult your dealer, communicate with someone experienced or turn to a professional. Or you can directly arrange a professional technician to help you install new car radio.
To help you better select an ideal car radio, here I’d like to share a remarkable 2009 2010 2011 VW Volkswagen Passat B6 car radio from Seicane with you. For more details, please click:
With the assistance of the high-end 3D GPS navigation system, you can locate where you are and navigate to your desired destinations through turn-by-turn directions and voice prompts. Additionally, thanks to this unit’s dual zone function, you can freely enjoy beautiful music while navigating.
Under the wireless Bluetooth technology, without taking your hands off the steering wheel, Bluetooth hands-free calls and Bluetooth streaming music are both available for you if you pair your Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone with this unit, which can add a lot of convenience and fun to your trip.
Wish you like this unit and good luck to you!